Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIW, Weight, and Workouts

It's Wednesday! I don't know about where all of you guys here but we have a chance for flash flooding and snow all in the same day, joy right?

First of all HELLO to my new followers and thank you so much for following along with me through my journey! :)

Also, long story short the boy wasn't feeling too well last night so movie will have to be another day. Oh wells. I treated myself to Applebees 550 calories or less garlic sirloin with potatoes and spinach filled mushroom cap. It was AMAZING. Never had it before and def would get it again.
Anyways today is WIW with my girls Erin and Alex! Today I will be discussing weight, workouts, and updates.

button


Weight: Ok, so I promised you guys I would stop weighing myself every single day because it can get overwhelming and depressing. However, when I got on the scale this morning and saw .2 loss since Friday, my heart sank. I have been working out everyday keeping up with my Hal Hidgon's training and doing JM RI30 on my off days. I have been eating very clean (around 1200 calories a day) cutting out most processed foods, sugar, bread, cheese, dairy etc. AND in the last two weeks I only had pop last friday, and that was even diet. And I've been drinking over 90oz of water every single day.

It's just so depressing.  I know I can't give up, I know I have to keep pushing but I don't know what to do from here. I've never been this dedicated and just stopped at the same number on the scale. I know the scale isn't everything but I still have quite a bit of weight to lose and I don't feel like I am at the point where its the last little bit to lose or anything.

Also, not to give too much TMI but I started last night. The time of the month. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I am going to monitor this number closely I dont know if  Ishould up my calories, up my workouts, both? neither? We'll see. Hopefully this is the reason why and I will start seeing that number go down once this time of the month is over. Any one have any thoughts?

Workouts: In other news I am doing fab on my workouts. I am getting in all my Hal Hidgon's 5k training runs. I ran 2 miles last night. I had to stop once, but still I finished it and I am proud of it. I know it is just going to get better.


I haven't added my sticker for yesterday's workout yet :) See those little JM in the bottom right hand corner of the boxes for this week? that is when I am doing JM

JM. I originally planned to do RI30 everyday this month. However, now I am doing it on my off days of not running to get my strength training in. This has bee nworking for me as  I can look forward to doing something different every other day, however with the scale not moving  I think I may have to go back to doing RI30 everyday. I'll just have to play around with it and see.

Also, I sucked at keeping up with her last week so I am redoing level 2 even though I hate it. I know I will be able to move on to level 3 by next week and am so excited to get out of level 2 haha

I know there will be ups and downs of this journey as it is important to show all sides good and bad while going through my weight loss. I am not goign to beat myself up about it. I am not going to stop. I just need to turn this setback into a comback ( love this quote.)

This pic may look familiar to you (p.s you should follow me on IG @sheerserendipity28) I can't wait till I can hold up more numbers as I continue to push myself further and further. I have to stay positive!





21 comments:

  1. If it's that time of the month you could be retaining water so your weigh in might not be accurate?? I don't know... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this sticker idea, I need to get on that train! The scale SUCKS--I'm no expert and haven't even proved that I can lose and keep the pounds off but I have found that when I am working out lots if I eat clean and closer to 1500 calories I see better results and can work harder in my workouts too! 1200 calories feels like death to me! PSS I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Applebee's meal, and I'm so sad I can't run out and have it here....Also loving all your cute tanks, I just ordered my first one! Instagram selfies here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog... I can so identify with everything you're going through. I started (restarted) my health journey at the beginning of this year. There are weeks that can definitely be frustrating, especially when you don't see progress. Just don't give up and keep on-- it will eventually catch up with you :) No need in undoing the good things you have going for you. Great job with your workouts, very impressive. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look cute in your pic...

    I really think you need to get out the measuring tape and measure your waist and take the scale as a grain of salt. Also, 1200 cals may not be enough. Try looking up a nutrition/calorie calculator, or consider seeing a registered dietitian.

    You're right, you can't give up--keep plugging away and staying positive. You will reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meal from Applebees sounds awesome! I love that they decent healthy options.
    Level 2 just must be a bitch on all JM workouts. I HATED L2 of the Shred and it made me lose steam.
    And scales do suck, bad. I'm sure after your lady days you'll see some progress in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say that I LOVE the fact that you put stickers over your completed runs on the program! Great idea that I may have to copy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, maybe you need more calories since you're doing so much. Seems counter productive but I've read on another blog (can't remember which, probably ML) that she zig zagged her calorie intake and I've read that 1200 cal isn't enough for some to lose weight b/c their body goes into shutdown mode. Google the zig zag thing, it might make a difference. And don't get down on yourself, think of your NSV! You're doing awesome, keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started yesterday too and yes I can tell you from personal experiences that it does play a role in your weight and how you feel. So since I'm feeling blah today I'm not going to go to the gym, I'm going to rest, but I've been to the gym every other day so far and I'll go the rest of the week so I'm good :) Sometimes I hate being a woman, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scale obsessions. It can get the best of you! Keep doing what you're doing and it WILL come off! Don't get discouraged- you got that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any advice, other than to tell you - the more weight you lose, the slower it starts coming off! Take a look at your progress so far, and reminds yourself that a loss is a loss! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you def retain water during TOM. Also, one thing that could help with a plateau is zig-zagging your calories. Something to look into if you're still stuck next week. But one bad week does not equal a plateau and I'll bet that your next WIW post will be filled with all sorts of happy! Chin up, because you're doing a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The meal you had sounds wonderful and you know I LOVE that tank top! I'll be doing another Ruffles with Love giveaway this Friday. = ) I'm still scared to start Jillian.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time of the month plus weight lifting = no scale movement - no worries, keep doing what youre doing - if it's workig for you then keep doing it!! Dont get discouraged, youve got this :) Keep up the good work and the pounds will come off!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got this girly! Just keep doing what you're doing it will catch up. I know that is the most frusurating thing to hear though. Im totaly going to have to try that applebees steak for under 550

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great! Keep it up and it's no hard to focus on the scale. Just remember you are building muscle and getting healthier with every workout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, you gotta stop weighing yourself every day! I did that for awhile and got so mad when the scale didn't move like I wanted it to. Then I waited a week between weigh-ins and was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. It's tough, I know, but don't step on that thing every day! You're doing all the right things, it just takes a little time and patience. :) Keep it up lady.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That time of the month!! For sure!! And, like others have said, you're gaining muscle! Have you done measurements? If to, you should, you'll be surprised!
    And personally, I think you aren't eating enough. 1200 calories is such a small amount, especially if you're working out. I only,know this from experience and talking with a personal trainer and my dr.
    I'm traing for that damn half right now and am eating 2300 a day. The first week after I increased my calories, the scale dropped 5 pounds. Just think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey lady! I totally think that it being your time of the month is to blame-- my weight pretty much doesn't move for the 3 days before and then during my period, but once it's over I'll usually drop back to where I was. Keep on doing what you're doing-- it sounds like you're kicking ass with the healthy eating!!

    PS- You make me wish I took more selfies.

    PPS- I love those adorable tank tops and want to get some (read: all of them) when it decides to, oh, become springtime in Chicago.

    Keep it up woman!

    Carolyn :)

    http://fitnastyforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't get too discouraged dear, sometimes I feel like it takes my body a week or so to catch up with what I've been doing, so maybe this week that will happen for you. And yes, my TOTM always affects my weight! Don't give up!

    Sarah
    mamasgotittogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am absolutely sure TOM has something to do with it! Do your measurements! I have to stay away from the scale! It depresses me! Applebee's has a really good healthy menu selection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think someone already mentioned it, but upping your calories and zig zagging them helps (1400 one day 1600 the next). When you are doing intense workouts your body NEEDS more calories for fuel or it will go into starvation mode and mess with your metabolism (I learned this the hard way).
    Also, I always retain water weight the week before and it messes with my weight, so I try not to weigh myself the week leading up or during.
    Good luck on your journey! You seem so motivated and are a huge encouragement to see :)

    ReplyDelete