Monday, April 15, 2013

The Day I ran 1.5 miles for the first time without stopping

Happy Monday! The weekend is over boo :( Gone too soon as always, but this positvie patty has motivation Monday written all over her!



The most extordinary thing happened this weekend. As most of you know I am doing Hal Hidgon's 5k training plan and just finished week two of that. Well Thursday night happened and the boy grilled out for us so needless to say I did not get my scheduled 1.5 miles in that day. Then Friday came and went and again training got put to the side.

When I woke up on Saturday I knew I had to get it done. I had two runs and a walk to get done before Monday and I wasn't going to let myself fall behind. Before I would have just gotten further behind and gave up because I couldn't keep up but those days are over! I didn't think when I woke up. I ate breakfast, I put on my workout clothes, laced up, and got on the treadmill. I didn't let myself try to talk myself out of it, dread doing it, put it off a little longer etc. I just went for it. I put on my ipod and made myself not look down. This wasn't about timing, distance etc this was about learning to enjoy a run, even if it was a little run, something I have never experienced before.

At first, I went slow. I didn't want to tire myself out too quickly. I had put a killer playlist to play during this ( you know where I could bust out the lip syncing hardcore in my own music video kind) And I just started running. I tried to just focus on the music, pushing myself more and more through each song. When I finally started getting tired I let myself look down at the treadmill. I was preparing to be let down. I was preparing to see that I had only run .8 miles or something that wasn't even close to my goal. When I looked down and saw 1.34 I had the biggest smile on my face. I knew I could finish this without stopping. I freaking did it! Tears started welling up in my eyes because I had accomplished something I wanted so badly. And it didn't kill me.

I was so proud in that moment and I finished strong. I felt on top of the world, so much stronger then I ever have before. I have always hated working out, even when I was thin. I couldn't even run a mile straight in high school. ever. I have never felt stronger then before, like I could do anything. It really is possible. You just have to believe in yourself. Hard work WILL pay off. For the first time in my life I actually started thinking that I could actually sign up for races, something I was so afraid to do before because of fear of failure. But now I feel like I can push myself to do anything. It's amazing what accomplishing one little goal will do to you to push you to do more.

I really am learning so much about this weight loss JOURNEY. About pushing myself to become a better version of me. The scale hasn't moved at all not even .01 since Friday and I don't even care. I feel so proud of myself after this weekend and all I want to do is push myself to be even better. It is possible. Little by little, day by day, accomplishing one goal at a time you really can do anything you put your mind too and I am only starting to see that it is really mind over matter. No matter what never give up. This is the one and only life were given and I don't plan on wasting another second of it ever again.


Top: ruffles with love sz medium. Bottoms: yoga capri leggings from Victoria's secret size large


Mingle 240



13 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1.5 miles because I know I couldn't do it! Boyfriend wants to start running and I told him I'm horrible at it and we need to work our way up to it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I can't do it but maybe one day :) Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the running! One day I hope to be able to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! I love hearing people's stories about how they pushed themselves to do something they never though possible, and then the immediate swell of pride that comes afterwards. You're doing great, keep it up! And you have it right....don't overthink it, or it will seem so much worse. Just put on your shoes and GO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome job!!! definitely a highlight to be proud of and brag about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said it over on IG, but I'll say it again. I am SO proud of you!
    Keep running girlie. It only gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so love this post! I'm so proud of you and happy for you! You are in danger of becoming addicted to running. Yay! :)

    Thanks for the positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME job!! You kicked that run's ass-- wait'll you see what you can surprise yourself with next :)

    Carolyn

    http://fitnastyforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! It only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youre awesome :) SO proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just so fabulous and so darn adorable!! I love your blog and you! Way to go on keeping at those goals!! You are going to accomplish some amazing ones in your life! I can just tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Motivation Monday, Positive Patty - you kill me! :)

    Wow, way to go girlie!!! I am so dang proud of you and so dang motivated to keep going and get there myself some day! Can't wait to hear about all of the races you sign up for! HyVee has a big marathon, you know, maybe you should do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo!! That's awesome!! I need to get myself motivated...as I just ate a piece of my chocolate bunny from Easter. Smh! Stopping by from the linkup!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete