Thursday, April 25, 2013

That's What Makes You Beautiful!

Happy Thursday!!!! One Direction anyone?! Fing LOVE that song, so catchy, takes me back to my boy band days ha!

Today I am linking up with some amazing girls Erin, Alicia, and Jodi, seriously each one of them is so great for Celebrate your true beauty!


button

A few posts ago Jodi posted a true beauty video about how hard women are on themselves and see and describe themselves as much worse than other people that see them. If you haven't seen it go check it out it's absolutely amazing and so true. Made me tear up watching it. No joke.

So the point of this link up is to celebrate our true beauty naming 3 things that we think is beautiful about ourselves. I am challenging myself to come up with 3 outer beauty things because that is most difficult and what the video was all about how people see you without even knowing you.

First off I want to say that I do not think I am pretty by any means. I never have, not at any weight. I am one of those people that if a guy would ever come up to me or anything I immediately close off. I am not open or friendly I get the feeling like, "what do you want?" "why are you talking to me?" I am not flattered. I think its because they want something or are trying to make fun of me to "just be nice." I don't know why I am like that but it never crosses my mind that anyone would actually find me attractive, strangers anyway. I'm talking about strangers coming up and just randomly talking to you. When I am out wiht my friends I always let them lead conversations because I know guys would rather be with them then me (in my single days of course.)

Isn't that awful?? I don't know why I think like that. Maybe becasue I have never felt good enough. Maybe because I got made fun of when I was younger, I had HORRENDOUS teeth. Who knows but I am so glad the girls made this link up. As I am getting older I am finding myself becoming more and more ok with myself. Finding the beauty in all things, even the little things. As an adult its easier to become at peace with yourself and I am definitely on that journey, a little more everyday.

Ok, now that my rant is over lets get to the three things I find beautiful about myself. with a little humor added of course..ugh here we go...

1.) My hair. I really like that I have blonde hair. I love the dark and light high lights. I like that its thick. That I can wear it straight or curly. That it holds curls with a curling iron really well and generally lays pretty nice, with the right humidity of course ;)


2.) My eyes. They're green. They're big, but not too big. I feel like they stand out, are a pretty color but not sunken in or anything and a nice shape. Not that you can tell in a black/white pic but whatevs it was the only close up I could find lol



3.) Last but not least, my butt. I am definitely hour glassed and a little pear shaped. I am definitely bigger on bottom and I've always gotten compliments on my butt haha. I think it has a nice shape and looks good in some jeans lol. And as always gotta have a pic with that! (side note: pic is WAY old. I want that body back!)


That's all I got for today people! I can't wait to read everyone elses post!

I am anxiously awaiting my weigh in tomorrow, I  hope its a good one. The boy is grilling out for me tonight again so hopefully It's a good healthy dinner :) Putting that sucker into mfp will be quite interesting haha :)

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE your hair. It's sooo pretty (and so are you)!! I wish my hair was thicker...but it's not. It kind of sucks. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are gawgeous! (That's me talking in my exaggerated Jersey accent) For real though! I picked my hair as one of mine too for the same reasons, that I can pretty much wear it curly or straight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the whole not thinking you are pretty thing, I am the same way. BUT....girlie, you are so so so beautiful!! And I am not just trying to blow smoke up your ass. From the first pics I saw of you, on IG, I instantly thought you were a complete stunner! And such a natural beauty. You have the kind o smile that I think would light up a room! You look good when you are sweating and when you are dolled up to go out. Not many people can say that. I just love you!! Ok that is all. Oh and this post and your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a cute butt! ;) Love this post! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lori, you are absolutely beautiful! But, you are right, as you get older you come to appreciate yourself more and find beauty where you didn't see it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely pretty! And yes, your hair is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you are freakin adorable. And that hair is gorgeous! I wish I had the patience to grow mine out that long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOR-GE-OUS!!! Seriously! I wish my hair was long and thick like yours! Can't wait to read more of your blog!! I'm trying to be a runner, too! lol

    www.survivingmarriagemotherhoodandmyself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, this post is cute, I love it! :D And you ARE a very pretty girl!

    I love the top you're wearing in the first pic--where did you get that?!

    -dot

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you could ever feel that way about yourself, you are absolutely gorgeous! I covet your hair and your beautiful complexion. And my goodness, green eyes? I would kill for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Kadi-did, your first paragraphs about claming up, not doing the talking and thinking no one would find you beautiful is EXACTLY how I feel about myself!!! I never in a million years think any guy besides Andy would ever want me! I actually spend time worrying about that, if Andy would ever not be in my life would I be an old spinster b/c seriously, who would want me? So I feel your pain and I'm SO bummed out you feel like that! You are one of the prettiest girls I know! You just have that 'pretty' look that so many girls (me included) want! You have beautiful, bright eyes (mine are green too!!!!), your amazingly gorgeous hair (jealous!) and your smile is so amazing!!! I wish you could see what I see, b/c you are BEAUTIFUL!!! And you have a nice pooper! Bah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Youre so cute - love the eyes pic and girl - you are gorgeous on the inside and out and dont ever forget it!! And is your hair real? Color I mean and if not what do you do - when I lose the big 5-0 Im going blonde baby, got to get rid of this post-pregnancy brown nightmare :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kadi!!! Thanks so much for,linking up! You're such a sweet lady!!
    Isn't it funny as we get older we can start to embrace things we love about ourselves? Im so glad you're on your journey towards that!! I am slowly getting there too!!
    Your hair is amazing!! Long, thick, blonde! I'm in love! And your eyes are incredible!!
    And heck yes for big butts! Like I said to Marvy there wasn't a song written about them for nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kadi...thank you so much for linking up with us today. You have beautiful hair, if my hair looked like yours I would grow it out. Since I'm more of an apple shape I'm pretty envious of your pear shape with a nice booty. I have big boobs, big waist and little butt. lol Your beautiful girlie and the weight loss thing will happen it just takes time, believe me I know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am growing out my hair to look like your hair!

    ReplyDelete