Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend Recap and Clean Eating!

Happy Monday Lovies!

Monday has come too soon, once again...lame

Today I am linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!



Friday night was spent, as promised, on Bride Day on TLC and sweet and sour chicken chinese. I enjoyed every last piece of it, ugh why does food have to be SOOO good?!

Moving on...Saturday I spent cleaning my closet out and found stuff I forgot I had. I need to throw some stuff away but I just can't part with some of the things I want to be able to fit into again one day. Because I remember how well they fit me when I first bought them even if that was 5 years ago..sigh

Then me and S went to see this little movie



I was debating between this and Silver Linings Playbook all day and finally decided on this one. Ok, I'll admit it I love Channing Tatum in anything and was a big part of me wanting to see this haha..and I felt like I got totally ripped off! This hunky hunk was only in like 10 minutes of the movie! But, other than that it started off really slow I thought it would more actiony (pretty sure I just made up that word) and intense but It got a lot better as it went on and it had a really good twist of an ending. What did you think those have seen it? Should I see Silver Linings as well? I'm a really big movie buff this month for some reason..

So, as I stated on Friday as of Saturday I have officially one month until I leave for mexico. That means in less than a month I have to be in a swimsuit. In front of everyone! To say I am getting just a little anxiety over this whole thing would be putting it lightly. I don't want to have a goal of weight loss by then. I don't want to have a goal of being at my goal weight because It is impossible. What is possible is me putting in every effort in until then so I can feel as good about myself as I can by March 16. No more games, no more cheating. I want to be able to enjoy myself to the fullest and not be so self conscious.


I seem to work better with short term goals. It give me an end I can see and reach for and not give up or burn out too quickly. First goal, cleanish eating and workouts everyday for an entire week. No excuses. No cheating. I can do this right!? One week is not that long at all. I've also been seeing the advocare cleanse going around and if some of my fellow bloggers say that it works I will def be trying it in prep for my vaca.

So Day of 1 of cleanish eating which was Sunday went a little something like this.

Breakfast: Cream of Wheat Maple and Brown Sugar and one water bottle ( mine is 750ml)
Snack: Dannon greek yogurt strawberry
Lunch: Fajitas-recipe from last week and Kiwi and one water bottle
Snack: Broccoli
Dinner: Fajitas, kiwi and more broccoli and one water bottle

I also did C25k Wk5 Day1 and RI30 Level 2 Day 1

Side note, I've also given up pop for an entire week. I've never been a regular pop kinda person I've always had diet, it doesn't bother me at all. But I LOVE pop. Like drink it with every meal except breakfast, all the time. This will be the real challenge for me. Giving up pop for a week and exercising every single day.

I plan on repeating this schedule today! Stay tuned this week for daily updates. (Also, I realize I started this on Sunday which will interfere with my weigh in wednesday. I really don't wnat to get on the scale until this Saturday so I don't get discouraged, but we shall see) I will be trying to come up with a new goal weekly until Spring Break.

Hopefully this gives me the jump start I need to kick ass until Spring Break Vaca. It's only one month. I can do this! I'll just look back on vacation and be so grateful I did it, that I really gave my all to something and hopefully gained the benefits and rewards.

Last note, I REALLY want some new motivation and fell that I need a green swimsuit for st pattys day in Mexico. What are some of your favorite places to get swimsuits? Any ideas? Something like this perhaps?

Goddess enhancer, low rise bottom
Heres to a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Love that suit. I like to shop "Everything But Water".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sweat it said I have given up POOP for the week. Im losing my mind today. Because I should be off!! Celebrating presidents... or something!

    Love the suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend! Love the suit, cant wait for summer!
    -Jennie
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver Linings Playbook is a MUST SEE! Every chance I get to recommend it to someone I do! Good job with the clean eats and workout! I know how it goes with the pop situation- I had been addicted to Diet Coke or really any diet pop since I was a little girl and last year I gave it up, it is hard but when you replace it with water you will see results and crave less sweet things. You CAN do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wondering about the advocare cleanse too. I need to do a little more research I think. However, I know you will do great this week. I am going to set up our Color Run Team sometime this week : ) Sounds like we are team Dye Trying. Might have Mr. You Betcha (he's a graphic designer by day) make us a fun button/badge. Be sure to check out venus.com for suits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer that Side Effects wasn't the best! I saw Silver Linings ans absolutely loved it! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always a sucker for Victoria's Secret swim suits.
    A little jealous you got to go see a movie. I honestly can't remember the last time I was in a theater.
    Keep up the hard work lady!!

    ReplyDelete