Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Epic Fails and Motivation City!

Second day of the week, worst day of the week but almost hump day!

Recap of last night my Kiki La Rue package came in finally and I had sushi with my bestie at this resturant called Taki. This girl loves me some sushi


Top is kiki la rue piko top in Salmon. I'm in a medium here. Leggings are Alloy boots are Target.


Yummy! Captain Crunch roll, crabbed out roll, salad and Miso soup!

In other mail news I won a giveway hosted by Allie at Tales of a Twenty-Something. I won a monogram acrylic keychain from figure8monograms on etsy and it finally came in the mail yesterday!

I got to order mine in PINK! It is so cute and I LOVE it! I attached it to my keys and its bright so I can always tell where my keys are but not too big where it gets in the way of anything! Thanks figure 8 monograms and Allie!

So, my plan was to do c25k right when I got home before going to dinner. FAIL! My new stuff I got in the mail caused me to get distracted and then it was time to leave. Then I promised myself I would do it as soon as I got back home. FAIL! I was so stuffed and tired I just wanted to pass out plus Teen Mom 2 reunion show was on. I HAVE to stop doing this. Everyday is a new chance to make it better.

So this morning I was pretty down about myself and thought maybe I'll just go get some bacon and sausage at the food court at work and make myself happy. And at that exact moment my boss came up to me and asked how much weight I have lost and how good I looked. This was EPIC people!  This was the first time ANYONE at work has even mentioned it at ALL because they see me everyday all day so I understand its really hard to notice. But at that moment I stopped myself from going downstairs. I stopped myself from going off track. I no longer wanted that bad crap anymore. Now I am motivated more than ever to go home and workout! Funny how just a little push in the right direction is all you need. To help you remember just how far you've come and to not give up on your ultimate goal.

I love the quotes "If it's important enough to you you'll find a way, if not you'll find an excuse." And "dont give up what you ulitmately want for the future for something you want just right now." And isn't it true? NO more excuses, make the time and fight for it. Fight for you. Don't beat yourself about not being perfect one or a few days, everyone is human. They don't call this a journey for nothing.

So tonight, I am going home and working out right away! And I'm going to think about my bosses nice comment and how good it felt! I will do this. I will get there. No matter how much time it takes! We deserve it and we are worth it.

And to end you're viewing pleasure me and my friends watched a you tube video last night and I was dying laughing. Hilarious and of course I had to send it to the boy which he also loved. Have a good day!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, that sushi looks amazing! Yum yum yum. That keychain is super cute, also. New follower here. Congrats on the weight loss so far. I struggle all the time with being good vs being bad, making excuses, etc. Sometimes one positive thing is all you need to keep pushing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First- I LOOOVE sushi! Yum!
    I totally get you on the random compliments. It truly does give you even more motivation, but the sense that the hard work is finally paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this!! Keep with it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm craving sushi (it's 8:30 a.m.).
    Yay for the keychain. Even bigger yay for the compliment!! Keep it up lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That key chain is to die for! Also, great job on the self control you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love sushi love the top and can not wait to send that video to Jeremy lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sushi and NEW clothes - can't beat that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dont be so hard on yourself - youre doing great and like you said everyday is a new day to turn it all around :) Love the new clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I'm craving sushi now too! Love your outfit in the first picture. Cute as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved getting those first few compliments! Enjoy them--they're very well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog through Where We Can Live like Jack and Sally-- so excited to find another Iowa girl who is newish to the blog world! I have been debating whether or not to take my weight loss goals to the blog but you may have inspired me! I looove me some Taki. I have it almost every time I get to come back to the Moines! Anyway keep up the good work I'm so pumped I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that video is HILARIOUS!!!!! reminds me of my single days. lol and way to go on the compliment! I've been wanting a key chain just like that, I'll have to go check them out. #readingblogsmakesmebroke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I found you through Meredith! I am from Iowa as well! I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, that video was hilarious!! Love the new top and keychain too!

    ReplyDelete