Friday, February 8, 2013

3 Liebster Awards!

It's Freakin Friday People!! We made it!

Sorry for my later post today but I am f ing hung the f over! I may have had one three drinks at the show which then were followed by two more. Yes I had 5 drinks! And I am regretting it today! But Spank was so  good! I was laughing the entire time. There were also a mix between older and younger people I even saw some people in their 70s there. Way to go for them! haha They have tour dates so go check them out! It's a 50 shades of grey parody so it will help if you have read at least the first book.


Ladies I have been nominated for THREE Liebster awards! I am sooo excited!


The rules of the Liebster Award:

The nominee must list 11 facts about themselves
The nominee must answer the 11 questions the nominator asked
The nominee must nominate 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers

Here we go!
And just to give you a heads up the alignment is all wrong there are spaces where there shouldn't be and its not very reader friendly but I couldn't for the life of me figure it out!

First up is 11 facts about myself
1. I am obsessed with Sex and the City. Yes I know it ended nine years ago but I can watch the episodes over and over again
2. I live for sushi, mexican food and chicken fingers. I tend to a very predictable person and order the same things. Hey I know what I like!
3. My doggie Lola is my life. I often find myself having converstations with her when I'm alone. She's my snuggle buddy.
4. My college boyfriend taught me how to do to laundry and how to start a dishwasher. Yes I was spoiled haha
5. I am obsessed with Christmas. The lights, the decorations, the music, the movies, the snow you name it I love everything about it!
6. I am TERRIFIED of socks ( yes this a tough one to admit) I never ever wear them I am always barefoot except I can wear those fuzzy socks and I wear socks with my tennis shoes ( that I only wear to work out in) and when I take my shoes off the socks come off. I hate them and if you chased me around with them I would probably cry. no joke.
7. I have tried mulitple times but I do not like beer. I can do bud light lime if I have had a drink or two but I like liquor better.
8. My parents waited 8 years after marriage to have me and another 6 years to have my brother. No reason given haha
9. I have a younger brother. He is 18. He is graduating high school this year and I'm really sad about it. I don't like change.
10. I'm superstitous. I do the same things in the same order everyday like drive the same route to work get ready in the same order. If I change it up and something bad happens that day I'll blame it on the fact that I switched up my routine.
11. I first saw the movie THe RING in 7th grade and it terrified me. I still have nightmares about it to this day.
First up Is      Katie
  1. Why did you start blogging?
    In august 2012 I came across Mama Laughlin’s blog through pinterest randomly. I then started clicking around and found a whole community of women who were connecting from all over and empowering each other to reach their goals and dreams. It was because of this that I got up and started doing something about my unhappy weight. I then decided after a few months that others could learn from me as well. That I also had something to say. And to hold myself accountable to reach my goals. And the rest is history J
  1. What would you do (job wise) if you had nothing to lose?
I would love to be a wedding planner. Like literally how fun would that be/? Although it may get boring being around weddings all of the time so maybe like an interior designer
  1. What was your first car (make/model)?
Red Alero. It sucked. I hated that car haha
  1. Early bird or night owl?
Def  night owl I cannot for the life of me wake up early. I don’t even talk to people for the first two hours I am awake haha
  1. Gifts: Better to give or receive?
Def better to give. I LOVE giving someone a gift and see their face light up when they open it
  1. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Hmmm I good ol fashioned twist in a cone kinda girl
  1. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Is this a sexual question or an adventurous one? Haha Nothing comes to mind
  1. 5 things you buy every/almost every time your go to the grocery store.
Now a days? Roasted garlic hummus, chicken, califlour, skinny cow treats, and babybel cheese
  1. Give me 3 (or more) songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life.
Wow this a tough one. I have absolutely no idea L
  1. What is your favorite chap stick?
Chapstick lip moisturizer. The blue kind. Hands down. End of story.
  1. Are you a dog person or cat person?
Dog person. Hands down. End of story.


 Next up is Candis  
Questions for my nominees:
1. What 3 websites do you visit most often?
       Facebook, Gmail and Eonline
2. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
      Hmmm. Eating Thin mint girl scout cookies while watching say yes to the dress and four weddings marathon
3. What is your favorite movie?
       Pretty Woman or Urban Cowboy
4. If you could trade lives with someone for a day, who would it be and why?
     Oprah. I would love to interview celebrities all day for a day. I’m incredibly nosy and basically live for people magazine. Sue me
5. What's your favorite food?
     Mexican! I could eat it all day everyday. Cheese dip anyone? I heard that’s only a Midwest thing. Don’t know if that’s true or not
6. What's your favorite body part and least favorite body part (on yourself)?
   I do have a pretty nice ass if I do say so myself lol. My least favorite body part would be my thighs ugh.
7. Do you have any pets?
    Yes I do I have a 3 year old half maltese half yorkie her name is Lola and she is my life
8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
    Not only is Serendipity one of my favorite movies but I love what it means, a fortunate accident. And that's what I feel about stumbling upon all of these amazing women's inspiring and life changing blogs was for me, a fortunate accident
9. What is your least favorite chore?
   I hate picking up my room. Hate!
10. Why did you start blogging?
See above
  1. Do you prefer Summer or Winter?
I like them both actually. In Iowa we get 4 complete seasons usually so each season brings something different. (Winter has snow and holidays and summer has tans and vacations)

And finally we have  k at keeping up with k
  1. If the story of your life was being made into a movie who would you want to play you?
SJP (carrie bradshaw) not for any reason other than the fact that I love her!
  1. What's your favourite alcoholic beverage?
My go to drinks are dirty shirleys, captain and sprite (seriously way better than coke), and Moscato wine (the BEST sweet white wine in the entire universe, I don’t like that dry stuff)
  1. What is your favourite online shopping website?
Kiki la rue, alloy or Target!
  1. What is one beauty product you can't live without?
   Dry shampoo! Seriously if you don’t any go out and buy some right now! Best for after working out when you’re a hot mess and need to go somewhere  and 2 day hair! Life saver!
  1. What is your favourite season?
Winter. Because Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite time of the year
  1. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose, and why?
Either the 50s so I could wear all those cute dresses or to just stay in the 80s. I would love an excuse to wear neon clothes and big hair everyday haha
  1. Coke or Pepsi?
Diet coke. Can. Not. Live.without. I don’t drink my pop fast and if you let Pepsi sit for a little bit it gets all syrupy and ugh but coke is still fizzy for a long time after you open it. The best!
  1. If you could only eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?
Chicken fingers. Yes I am a 5 year old but who gets sick of chicken? Ranch and Honey mustard must be included.
  1. What's your biggest fear?
To die alone. L
  1. What movie makes you cry?
A lot of movies make me cry. Probably The Notebook, Step Mom and A walk to remember
  1. If you could live in the home of any television series, which would it be?
Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment in SATC. Need I say more?




Out of these 3 ladies everyone I was going to nominate has already been nominated :( I would love to do this again when I have more followers (but less than 200) so we can keep this going ! Thanks so much to you guys for nominating me!

Lots of goin on this weekend, tonight is my Aunt's B-day, Tomorrow is one of my besties bdays and Sunday is my cousins bday. check back mon for another weekend recap! I promsie to take lots of pics to share :)





6 comments:

  1. I think were the same person!! Almost every answer to all the questions was exactly how I would have answered! Except I'd take Pepsi over Coke any day! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. who doesnt love chicken fingers?! i mean really?! although i totally take mine with ranch and hot sauce.
    i loved learning more about you. i think this award is an awesome way to meet new people. look forward to another round of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 – I REALLY wish Spank was coming to MN or Fargo!
    2 – Cheese dip may be a Midwest thing; I know it ALWAYS makes an appearance at every function we go to!
    3 – What dry shampoo do you use? The only kind I tried I hated, DAMN you Walmart!
    4 – I am also a chicken fingers girl, pass the honey mustard!
    5 – YOU WILL NOT DIE ALONE! You are beautiful and EVERYONE loves a Midwest Girl ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently moved from California to Minnesota. Before that I had never had cheese dip... OMG, that stuff is amazing!! I had it at least once a week the last half of my pregnancy!! I have been trying to eat healthy and lose weight, so I have stayed away from it, but Sunday is my birthday and I requested Mexican Food (mostly for the cheese-dip... Mmmmmm)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the movie Step Mom - I could watch it over and over again and cry every time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I am Christy and stopping in from MommyCandis blog. I am in LOVE with Sex and the City too... I could watch it over and over and over and over..... Anyways, I am your newest follower and look forward to learning more about your journey!

    XOXO
    Christy

    ReplyDelete