Monday, January 28, 2013

Here it goes...

Well Hello there! Thanks for stopping by and finding out a little bit about me! First things first, my name is Kadi (think Cady from mean girls prounced just like "Katie"). Here is a pic of me and my little brother Christmas 2012




 I am 23 years old, full time working girl and dog mom to my 3 year old baby Lola. She just got in trouble in this pic because she was playing with a fruit roll up wrapper.



I have spent about 6 months reading other people's blogs and have found so much inspiration I decided that I would like to have my very own blog to share my story as well. My motivation for this blog is a place for me to talk about my goals, specifically being weight loss, and also to connect with others as I share my story and to learn other's stories and journeys as well.

In August of 2012 by some coincidence I found Mama Laughlin's blog on Pinterest. Here was a woman who did it the right way and made herself a priority. I then found inspiration from just clicking on other blogs like Elle Noel. She rocks it! Her self motivation is contagious!

That is kind of where I came up a name for this blog, Sheer Serendipity. Not only is Serendipity one of my favorite movies but I love what it means, a fortunate accident. And that's what I feel about stumbling upon all of these amazing women's inspring and life changing blogs was for me, a forutnate accident.  

I love reading other people's stories, life journeys etc. I love finding similarities between me and each and every blog I read. It makes me feel for the first time in my life that other people know exactly what I've been through and what I'm going through.

Through reading these blogs something just clicked inside me. Since August I have gone from a size 16 to just last week a size 8! I'm about half way there and I have to keep going, put more effort in, hence starting this blog. Take a look at one of my progress pics below to see how far my journey has taken me thus far.

Here is me in March 2012 on Spring Break


And here is a recent pic of me at a birthday party last week


I plan on blogging about my day to day life, weight loss, food, excercise, fashion, recipes, my dog and everything in between. I want to hold myself accountable. I know I have come a long way but I still have a long way to go. I hope to get and give inspiration through my blog and I hope you stay to watch me discover the best me I can be. I'll get there and that's a promise :) 

Please feel free to read my about me and my story sections to get the full scoop on yours truly. Also, you should follow me on keek, instagram, pinterest, and facebook! The direct links are listed Just above my picture on the right hand side of my blog!

I look forward to see where the rest of my journey will take me through this blog and I can't wait to connect with all of you! Day one in the books! Happy Monday people! Thanks for reading :)




4 comments:

  1. Yay I am your first follower - woot woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhh love that you started a blog!!! Your puppy is adorable! You can join us rapping anytime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world.. I am just getting started blogging too.. I tend to stalk, I mean read other peoples blogs more than write mine.. something i'm working on ;) Welcome!

    www.notyourskinnybitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss! I joined WW a year ago and have lost 90 lbs! Only 15 to go!

    ReplyDelete