Tuesday, January 29, 2013

c25k and skinny cupcakes!

Happy Tuesday People!

First of all thank you so much for all my page views yesterday! I can't wait to connect with more people along my journey

Last night after work I did wk2 day 1 of C25K program. I did 7 weeks of c25k in October-November then I went on vacation to see my boyfriend's family in Colorado and boom dropped it like it was nada. But this time I bound and determind to finish it!



I'm focusing on being able to run longer and not so much on speed this time around. I want to be able to run races in the new future so that is the goal I am aiming for.

I am also doing 30 day shred with Jillian Michales almost everyday, however I am finding it tough to do them both in a row so tomorrow I am going to try to get my running in the morning and 30 day shred after work and see how that goes. 30 Day shred kills you! I did two round in October and again in November and the first month I lost 15 inches and the second month I lost 14. This shiznit is the real deal!


And now on to skinny cupcakes I found this recipe on pinterest. See original recipe here

So first you get one can of pumpkin and I used sugar free yellow cake



And then you mix them together and pour them in muffin tins. THATS IT! and they are only 100 calories EACH!  It took me about 5 minutes. Then just bake at 325 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. And then they look like this


They look a little different then normal cupcakes because they don't have the regular ingredients and I would say they taste like a cross between a muffin and a cupcake. I would also say they have more of a yellow cake taste then pumpkin even though there is an entire can in the batch. All in all craving something sweet this is a winning easy peasy recipe in my book!




4 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try those - any cupcake is a friend of mine;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um YUM- the cupcakes(muffins) look DELISH! def going to have to try these out tomorrow! THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these a bunch this fall! Not sure how it would effect the calorie count, but with a spice cake mix they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes are SO good! I made them in November and used fat free cool whip as the topping!! yummy! i need to make them again :)

    ReplyDelete